Friday, December 14, 2007

No Breaks for Elder Abuse Victims

As an elder rights advocate, I've been posting on cases of elder abuse in my blogs. It is a thankless task and I've already been criticized for exposing the Frank Punito Case.
The elder abusers in this case and their friends, thought that I can be intimidated into shutting up.

They are Wrong!

The term 'elder abuse' was not even in my vocabulary, till I start to research for help to Frank. My researches and contacts with elder abuse prevention organizations tell me that THIS IS AN ELDER ABUSE CASE. One of neglect/phsycological/emotional abuse and unconscionable acts! I will continue to speak out for the 'voiceless'.

As we take a break for the festive season of Christmas, let us remember that elder abuse victims cannot get a break from their pains; be it emotional or physical. The trauma of being abuse in one's twilight years is just NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Elder abuse is a human rights violation!
To all the visitors to this blog:
Thank you for stopping by.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
To those who have written emails of encouragement and support for Frank and the blog owner. Thank You

No comments: